How to Apply
I. 2018 Program Dates: May 21-August 3, 2018.
II. Application deadline: February 9, 2018 at 11:59PM
If you are experiencing difficulty with the on-line application, please contact Internship@danforthcenter.org
III. Checklist of items needed to complete your application: *Please save your files with your LastnameFirstInitial-DocumentType. Ie, JonesM-Statement, JonesM-Resume, JonesM-AcadForm, JonesM-Transcript
- Personal Statement: Please write a personal statement that demonstrates why you are interested in this internship program. This statement is an opportunity to talk about your interests in your own words and will be an important consideration in selection of candidates.
-Your name should appear in the header section of your document.
-Please save file as LastFI-Statement.
- Resume-Please save file as LastFI-Resume
- Transcript (official or unofficial)-
-Please make sure this is readable.
-Please save file as LastFI-Transcript
- Current GPA: you will be asked to enter this on the application form
- Academic Experience Form (Click here to download form).
-Please save file as LastFI-AcadForm
- List of your laboratory skills (unformatted, text only). This will be pasted into an application form text box. Pasting formatted text (such as bullets, etc) will cause submission error.
- Your faculty advisor's contact information
- 2 letters of recommendation/optional 3rd letter
-Please contact two people who will serve as references for you (you may choose to submit an optional third letter).
-Have them each submit a letter on your behalf via email, mail, or fax. Faculty and teachers are often the best source, but feel free to ask anyone who can speak to your abilities.
IV. Submitting Documents: Letters of recommendation
should be sent to us by your references via email, postal mail or fax:
Mail: Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, Attn: Internship Program, 975 N Warson Rd, St. Louis, MO 63132 Submitting personal statement, resume, transcripts, academic experience form:
After completing the application form, please upload your documents to our dropbox page: Upload your documents here
(note, this link is also on the application page as well as on the confirmation page you receive after submitting your application)
once you begin the application, there is no "save" function. If you leave the page, you will have to start the application over from the beginning.